Luise is a quiet unassuming character with a big heart. She has always shown outstanding teamwork helping teammates to big victories over the years and this year she showed her real potential when she won the German National Road Championships in a solo breakaway. Her strengths lie in the mountains and stage racing and she is really looking forward to a year wearing her National colours and riding for Team High Road.
I like traveling and I like taking on new challenges. I believe that racing strengthens important qualities such as determination, discipline, independence, as well as teamwork and the sense of responsibility. Racing makes you aware of how you are able to perform. Your mind and your physique have to optimally work together, that is what drives to me.
- What are you doing when you're not cycling?
Calling friends and family, and talking to them for long hours, or studying for my degree at uni.
- What do you like about riding for Team Columbia-HTC?
The management cares about "harmony" when they put together the team (I.e. Good results are not the only criteria)and we have the best staff, best equipment, and broad support (e.g. With physios, core work at training camp......)
- What is your greatest childhood memory on 2 wheels?
Exploring the neighborhood with my first bike and being afraid of getting lost 1km from home ;)
- How did you get into cycling?
I got into cycling through triathlons, and my sister who signed me up for a crit without asking me beforehand.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a pro cyclist?
Team time trials, Dutch races, and trying to find time to study.
- Share a memorable pro career moment:
Winning the national championships twice, 2007 and 2008.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
Crashing on the track on the 200meters. (Yes, you do that by yourself, nobody else on the track)
- What is the last song you listened to before you turned off your Ipod/Zune?
A dance/electro song
- What is the best book you have ever read?
Perfume by patrick süsskind
- What is your favorite comfort food?
All kinds of cereals...
- What can someone do that really bothers you?
Talking bad about womens cycling.